Thursday, June 1, 2023

Painting Accursed Cultists

The final piece of my 2000 points Word Bearers army list to be painted. 

Painting the Torments

Prime Corax White (I ran out of Wraithbone) and paint Pale skin quickly by applying the highlights dry brushing.

I then painted the daemonic parts with very light Contrast colors, feathering out the ends. I had this idea that the vibrant colours would provide a supernatural look, with the skin tone underneath providing pre-shading. Unfortunately the contrast was barely enough - I think a darker skin tone would have been better. Also, Dreadful Visage is barely visible. I transitioned to Magos Purple on the claws instead. Diluted Baal Red was about right.


Painting the mutants

Having learned from that, I did light skintone on the mutants instead.

Then dilute Volupus Pink for all the tentacly bits. Feather out at the ends.

Common parts

Mostly on Contrast basecoats.

Basing

Fill out the bases using putty, Stirland Battlemire and Stirland Mud. Painting cobblestone (Contrast base)

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment