Thursday, November 23, 2023

Painting a commission Griffin

A low-effort commission to make this Reaper Bones griffin look like its counterpart in Heroes 3.

Original state

Primed and half painted, but the surface still behaved as if hydrophobic (what is wrong with Bones?). I decided to spray varnish it before actually painting.

Painting

Even after ample varnishing, the wings still behave as if hydrophobic. Furthermore, the mini bent at the knees. Never seen it. I could blame the heat, but other minis were fine. Twilight zone, I guess.

After the initial wash of Soulblight Grey, I did an overall Dead White drybrush. I also drybrushed the body for some free highlights in the next step, and brushed on the primer wherever the paint fell off where the mini bent.

Apply the Contrast paints: Nazdreg Yellow lower body, Bad Moon Yellow front legs and beak then Agrax Earthshade, Volupus Pink inside mouth (4 layers until it stuck), Pylar Glacier eyes, Ork Flesh base.


By the time I finished  the painting, the mini bent so far as to be unusable. I pinned its chest to the base.

Basing

Woodland base. 

Finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment