Thursday, November 2, 2023

Painting commission skeletons

I volunteered to paint up some 3d printed skeletons for the Guild Hall's Halloween adventures. I decided on a quick color scheme (coincidentally all warm colors, blanchitsu-like), due to the complexity of the models and the looming deadline.

Model review

When painting: way too complex for my liking. There is no open shield to put a freehand on; each has chains, or ropes, or skulls, or cloth, and probably at least 3 of those.

When finished: looking awesome indeed, with no great effort (except painting all the small details).

Painting

Spray Wraithbone. Then put on the basecoats: Skeleton Horde, Flesh Tearers Red, Leadbelcher.

I went for the rusty metal painting tip, but the metallics are so detailed and complex that I decided on a whim on an additional layer of wash to pop out the details. So I just slathered the model in Agrax Earthshade.

Then work up to the following painting tips:

Any hair or unidentifiable hanging bits I just left with a layer of Agrax over.


Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment