Sunday, September 1, 2024

August review and September goals

August was... different.

Besides a week of being sick and bedridden, unable to do anything, I did get some gaming in. 40k going strong. Nothing else, as evidenced by the posting of older articles soon, as I'm running out of material to post.

With the final squad completed, I have reached and exceeded my target of 365 painted miniatures for the year. With that, my motivation to paint plummeted. I started mass priming miniatures, in preparation for the winter months. Then I even ran out of place to store the primed minis. I ordered a huge display cabinet, but it will take a least two months for it to arrive.

I played Horizon Zero Dawn (excellent game by the way), until my video card burnt out and once again I had to look for something to do.

Inspired by the 40k games I've been playing recently, I started further expanding my Word Bearers. Two Rhinos have already been completed, with more tanks and infantry in the works. Along with whatever random stuff I happen to chance upon and fancy painting. Including testing out some Death Guard color schemes, and experimenting with slapchop.

In September, I expect my regular gaming groups to reconvene for DnD/CoC/whatever. 40k should continue, unless I decide to wade into AoS 4E/The Old World instead.

Hobby wise, I should finish up some Chaos Marines that I converted, assembled and primed. ASOIAF commissions should resume. And whatever else I happen to fancy, again.

I'm curious to see how many miniatures I'll paint until the end of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment