Monday, September 9, 2024

Review: Space Hulk: Deathwing

I'm not going to copy paste my Eisenhorn: Xenos review, although many points apply here as well. The game in itself is cumbersome to play. But the visuals and the atmosphere... oh boy. Right inside that space hulk. Brooding gothic architecture everywhere. Bad lighting, which in the 40th something millennium is still a problem. There I was, clad in Terminator armor, and I was afraid. 

The game also scratched that itch where I want to have have guns, swords and magic at the same time. I tried various loadouts, but I found the spells the easiest to use, so I just stuck to the force sword which decreased their cooldown. However, a companion with the plasma cannon actually puts in work.

Not much else to say. I won't play it again. But the one time, it was a deliciously grimdark experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment