Monday, September 9, 2024

Review: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War

Another short video game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Unlike the previous two, this one is a map-based TBS so it might have some replay value, but I felt no urge to go through it again. Much like the previous two, I enjoyed it.

I got into the game just as I was seriously getting into playing Imperial Guard on the tabletop. I found the experience remarkably similar. Infantry squads are squishy on their own, but deploy them en masse and fight in rotation, with Basilisk and Leman Russ support, and all xenos scum quickly fall. The enemies are surprisingly colorful, including cultists, kroot hounds and enslavers. The story is fine, nothing out of the ordinary. I especially enjoyed the unit quotes, including the venerable "Drive closer, I want to him them with my sword!"



No comments:

Post a Comment