Back for revenge with the nuns, this time I changed up everything. Well, almost everything. We were too excited to start and I didn't take pictures with the deployment, so take a look at the map after round 1. I went all in with Scions, and with the Armored Infantry detachment I can redeploy 2 more squads into reserves. That means I only got Gaunt, Sly Marbo, Kroyle, a Callidus, a squad of Cadians and a random Cyclops Demolition Vehicle because of points. Everything else is Militarum Tempestus in deep strike. I also took Take and Hold disposition and fixed secondaries to destroy the Tyranid monsters.
I initially thought it great that I got first turn, as I get to bring in my stuff earlier. However, the Tyranids held back somewhat, and I didn't have any clear targets on objectives.
I did drop in a squad of Scions and Aquilons to target a Norn Emissary, and also the Callidus to kill the Biovore. I actually managed to kill the Biovore with shooting from the Aquilons, but I barely scratched the Norn Emissary.
On their turn 2, the Tyranids now took over the whole map and killed my deep strikers, except the hero Assassin.
Battle round 3
All reserves drop in, and the real action starts. I took out the Exocrine in the back, and an Exocrine and a Maleceptor up top. The hero Assassin took out the one squad of Gargoyles. I did some damage to the blue Norn Emissary, but failed to kill it. I scored a lot of points, however I barely took out the Tyranid front line, and the two Tyrannofexes with their tailored torrent guns were only now coming up.
The Tyranid player was ready to give up, but I advised continuing, and with good cause. The Scions died at the slightest breeze. My one hope was to kill this charging Norn Emissary with On my position! but of course it made its save and I only managed to destroy my own squad. Pwned.
The one highlight of this turn was the hero Assassin tanking a Hive Tyrant.
5 saves, any fails would kill it? No problem!
And so at the end of round 3, both forces somewhat depleted but the Tyranids hold the map.
Battle round 4
Start off with Shadow in the Warp and literally everything battleshocks except one squad. No more stratagems or objectives held. 0 primary.
The Emissary died to pitiful shooting but auto-blew up, decimating whatever was left of that flank.
The two Tyrannofexes which I couldn't kill took care of the other flank.
We played to the end but the game ended 56-76 (even with the Tyranids penalized for not being fully painted).
Conclusion
I guess I could keep experimenting with the Guard, but I'm tired of my troops getting massacred to no effect. Everything I tried so far lacks durability to hold objectives. Maybe a tank list or massed Bullgryns would work, but I don't have the models for either.
Time to sell my soul to Chaos...












No comments:
Post a Comment