Tuesday, September 1, 2026

August review and September goals

August is done, and life should be back to the same old... somewhat.

The gaming side took a pause with everybody on holiday, though I still managed to sneak in a couple of games of Warhammer. Also D&D5.5 is now trucking on.

On the Warhammer side, I am now officially ditching the guard after 6/6 lost games. I actually wanted to quit earlier, but that would mean motivation to paint the rest of my stuff would vanish. I kept it up as long as I could. In September, I'll go back to my original army: Chaos Daemons.

On the D&D side, motivation is soaring. I love playing Triss, my sorceress. The big reveal was finally done: we are playing Descent into Avernus. Although we might go back to Call of Cthulhu at some point, this is perfect for now.

Note that in September, the Dungeon of the Mad Mage should get back on track, and I should play a couple of games of ASOIAF as well. Just bring out the damn patch already! 

But all of this might not go anywhere if my leg keeps acting up...

Finally, on the hobby side, August saw a monumental effort to get back on track. Even though we were on holiday as well, with my bad leg, we didn't go anywhere far, so I could sneak in some painting here and there. I am now only behind schedule by 67, with 188 minis to go by the end of the year. This... is a tall order. So how to fix this? Well first of all, I do have some things in progress. The final, final batch of Guard infantry in the shape of Krieg command squads is on the table, as well as a bunch of 3d printed vehicles. Getting all of it done should provide a big boost. Then it's on to whatever next... probably some fantasy minis, to escape the Warhammer fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment