Monday, September 28, 2026

17th Battle of Cluswar: A Song of Ice and Fire tournament

One final event before university season starts and everything gets crowded. Also the new balance patch is out! I decided to try the giants once more, to gauge the amount they've been nerfed by.

Note that we were only 5 players, and we decided to play with the Phantom Scourge again - a simple list piloted by either the organizer or myself, depending on matchups.


We ended the event early after 2 games. EndRush asked for more time while piloting the Phantom, so I did as well, and the games really dragged on.

On the giants' side, they are still playable and fun. But they are no longer capable to stand in the middle and tank everything. And they lose the brawl to units specifically circumventing their abilities, such as the huge amounts of precision from the Unsullied. I think going forward, I will bring one giant list and one zoo, depending on the matchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment