The Giants faced the Baratheons during The Winds of Winter. Refuse flank for the Baratheons, with the Giants converging on them across the table. Stakes protected the middle as usual.
Round 2 saw the Champions of the Stag charge in, with not much action happening. I sent my giants forward, knowing I'd begin round 3. Round ended 1-1.
For round 3, the Baratheons wanted to hold objectives. I put in the mission for engaging enemies with less ranks. Should be a piece of cake. Charging into the Lightbringers went about as well as expected. However, I did not expect the Stag Knights to come forth. Fortunately nothing died, but Varamyr and a Spear Thrower were down to 1 wound. This meant giving up 2 points to the Baratheons. Nobody controlled any objectives, so the round ended 3-1.
I seized the next round to heal up my Spear Thrower, but that meant Varamyr died. Lightbringers survived on 1 wound due to Selyse and Shireen once per game ability, then retreated. A Spear Thrower died, but that meant I could fling another hit at the Lightbringers with Last of their kind.
We began the final round 5-3. The Baratheons burnt a useless objective, intent on keeping the status quo. I said let's hold the middle objective, with Mag already parked on it. My plan was to absorb the Champions with a Savage Giant, then retreat - check, then absord the Halberdiers with Mag - check. With Mag then in combat, and on the objective, I had no other choice but to swing into the Halberdiers. With a weakened token, I just took off a rank. However, this activated the cavalry sentinel order, charging into Mag; then assault orders, again into Mag. With great luck, Mag managed to stay at 2 wounds, meaning that I still held the objective at the end of the round. Game ended 7-7.
Victory for the Giants with field points!





No comments:
Post a Comment