Monday, October 9, 2017

Repainting Sir Tristan from the Shadows over Camelot boardgame

Before


I like this mini as it's not wearing a boring full metal plate.


The cloak is way too bland - just a purple basecoat.


After






Fix the armor


Use Gunmetal to fix the chipping and a few edges around the colored parts.


Repainting the boots


Originally brown with a black wash, I applied Agrax Earthshade to liven up the brown.


Then highlight with Heavy Brown.


Repainting the armor


Overall Black Wash.


At this point I realized that the spear shaft looks the same as the boots, so I repainted it in Dark Fleshtone.


Chainmail Silver edge highlight the armor.


Other details


The reddish cloth is some mixed color that I could not reproduce. I decided to leave it in place, and shade with Carroburg Crimson.


Highlight the leather straps and belt in Leather Brown.


Highlight the cloth in Gory Red. Also use it to paint the dragon's teeth pattern.


Repaint the face


Avoid 10 coats of Elf Skintone to cover the eyes - apply White Primer first!


Face and eyes following the painting tip.


But I diluted the blue too much, and it just flowed all over the eyeball, leaving a glowing blue effect. Not what I was looking for! I repainted the eyes by applying white again on the eyeball (just like after the black wash step), then doing the iris again, this time with a more solid blue.


Repainting the cloak


Follow the red cloth painting tip, but use the violet color range.

Heavy Violet basecoat.


Mix Heavy Violet and Black.


Mix Heavy Violet and Bonewhite for the feathering step, then mix again with more Bonewhite for the highlight step.


Paint the base green and apply static grass as for the Picts.


Finished!









No comments:

Post a Comment