Thursday, May 16, 2019

Painting (somewhat low effort) Nurglings

Introduction


After I cracked open a box of Nurglings to convert Scabeiathrax, I thought to assemble and paint the rest of the little guys. However, I wasn't in the mood for a complicated project, so I tried some low-effort solutions for them. Of course, I had to spice them up somehow to avoid boredom...



Painting the skin


Prime in white. I applied more primer than usual, as this will also constitute the basecoat.


Wash Athonian Camoshade.


After it dried, apply patches of Agrax Earthshade, Druchii Violet and Seraphim Sepia.


I started edge highlighting them using Dead Flesh.


But then I thought, wait a minute. These are low-effort Nurglings. Lets switch to drybrushing!


Other details


I basecoated the first set of details which require the same wash. Heavy Goldbrown tears in the skin and pustules, Elf Skintone innards, Gory Red eyes, Breast Cancer Pink maggots.


Wash Carroburg Crimson.


Dot the eyes Heavy Orange. Glaze the intestines with Pale Flesh. Dot the pustules with Sun Yellow. Edge highlight the tears in Heavy Goldbrown. Highlight the maggots with Breast Cancer Pink.


Basecoat the tongues in Warlord Purple (they required a Heavy Red undercoat).


Edge highlight with a mix of Warlord Purple/Breast Cancer Pink, then just Breast Cancer Pink. Also paint the horns.


Basing


Use home made putty to spice up the bases with some hillocks. 


Then create really thin cylinders and curl them up to form... poop.


Pin them for painting.

Note that these things are really fragile. Like touch-them-with-a-brush-and-they-break fragile. So if you want anything more complicated then below, you're better off doing it with green stuff.

Basecoat in 3 different colors for variety: Heavy Brown, Leather Brown, Filthy Brown.


Wash Agrax Earthshade.


I started off with dark earth, but then I remembered that these are low effort Nurglings. So I stopped after the second drybrush and threw on some grey soil-like flocking. Seal, then glue on the poop.


Finished!







No comments:

Post a Comment