Thursday, May 2, 2019

Painting 3d printed dungeon elements (POC)

Introduction


Remember the stuff I got printed early on? They've been sitting in a box ever since. I re-discovered them by happenstance, and I decided to do a little proof of concept painting. This is supposed to be an experiment for when we start batch painting stuff like this.

Dungeon tile


Prime black. Then heavy drybrush Stonewall Grey.


That already looks acceptable. I decided to try out some variation, and washed parts of the floor in Agrax Earthshade and Coelia Greenshade, sometimes letting the two mix.


After it dried, I did a second drybrush of Stonewall Grey.


Dungeon door


Heavy Brown drybrush over the black primer.


Wash Agrax Earthshade and Athonian Camoshade, letting them mix while wet.


Drybrush Heavy Brown, then lighter drybrush Khaki.


Silver details.


No comments:

Post a Comment