Monday, November 9, 2020

Dungeon of the Mad Mage: Bad touch

After getting our hopes up of starting early, we started even later than usual. At least we progressed through more rooms than last time, which had been pathetic even by our standards.

But cut the pleasantries.

We marched into the room where my flying invisible owl had previously noticed dog sized insectoid monsters eating a rusty helmet, and killed them dead.

Well, it was more than that. We discovered that their touch instantly ruins armor, as they rusted the chainshirt on my zombie and bit Solid on the ass to corrode his armor. But this was only after Szivem provoked them with a kick (which she missed anyway). She redeemed herself with a "fireball centered on self" that cleared the room.


After bandaging Solid's backside, we tried a short rest, but rust monsters were converging on our location from all sides. 

We went into a long corridor to engage them one front at a time, and I had fun yelling "UNLIMITED POWER!!!" multiple times as I filled the corridor with lightning.

I then got hit in the ass as well by a well-timed Firebolt from Szivem[1]. As the old drow proverb says, "What goes in the back comes out in the front"[2] - I unleashed my rage with Burning Hands. I then got a healing touch from Solid - what goes around, comes around.


We then hurried in the other direction to kill the rest of the rust monsters. I chased them into a small chamber which exploded with cold when I cast my Chill Touch cantrip, taking me below half health. The party experimented with the chamber a bit more, and in a way that was borderline miraculous, they did not get me killed.


All we know is that a huge glowing dwarven rune meaning "cold" was written on the wall. Szivem tried to copy it unto some paper, but failed miserably with her calligraphy.

We abandoned the trapped room to venture into the territory of more giant spiders. At least there we found loot in a broken wardrobe. Also some expired makeup kit for the princess. She applied it all on herself, without giving the other female party members any. For some reason, this was important to note.

Anyway, we noticed more spiderweb blocking a corridor, so we set it on fire and slaughtered the giant spiders coming out to defend their home.

A job well done.


[1] 1's are fun to roll.
[2] Not an actual drow proverb.

No comments:

Post a Comment