Thursday, November 12, 2020

Painting Bloodreavers

Introduction

The first 5 Bloodreavers took ages to paint. The second 5 were more of a test batch, as I experimented with traditional highlights over Contrast paints. I then took the last 10 to formalize the lessons learned into painting tips.


Prime

Wraithbone, obviously.

Base

I started with the base, because this was the only part involving drybrushing (and the miniatures were already attached to their bases): dark earth with Contrast

Contrast basecoats

I applied all the basecoats first, to correct any mistakes in time, and to delimit all the distinctly colored areas.

Highlighting details



Spray varnish

I applied this to protect my work so far, before going on to the shiny paints.

Metalics

A mix of regular and shiny silver, as well as the bronze armor, just like the previous batches.

Spray varnish

Just a light coat this time, not to dull down the metals.

Final touch

Blood for the Blood God! On weapons and on the ground. Paint the rim of the bases black.

Final final touch


Finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment