Monday, January 4, 2021

M.A.G.U.S. - Dragon lair, part 1

 An unexpected online reunion just before Christmas! Yay for us, as we entered the dragon's lair...

The first step was for Shamil to possess a seagull and go inside to scout. Unfortunately, he ran into a party of 3 lizardmen, who caught the bird and killed it.

Oh well. Time to do it manually. Shamil and Athosian went in stealthily, avoiding the lizards and taking the other path. We waited for them at the entrance.


Cue giant sleeping dragon!


The dwarves started calculating how to place and time their grand spell, but they seemed to agree that the direct path will not be of use. Looks like we need to go around.

I took it on myself to eliminate the first group. I had my giant slave carry me in and tell the other lizards: HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND! The landing was a bit rough, but a sleep spell knocked out two out of three, and I made Jimmy[1] beat the third one to death. The others then came in, and killed the two sleeping lizards. No need to thank me. I returned to the dwarves to thank my Goddess[2] for the help, while the stealth team went ahead to explore again. 

Next up was a storage space, full of meat, water, and other supplies. Cahir passed his test and resisted the urge of drinking himself into oblivion. We looted some dragon statuettes.

Next up, the scouts revealed a chamber with at least one shaman and an overgrown lizardman. The intelligent kind.

The dwarves offered to take a strike team through the wall, so we could try a 2-pronged assault.


We opened up strong. Athosian first blinded, then shot and killed one lizardman warrior. Biznard charged and annihilated the other one.

Everything devolved into a melee, as we charged in to take on the remaining giant lizardman. Cahir led the way, channeling all his hurt and frustration into a cry of "I HAD HAD ENOUGH OF THIS DAMN ISLAND!". The space was crowded and the dwarves did not actually do anything. Neither did Jimmy. Also the shaman disappeared. I immediately went to the astral plane, spotting his form near to his former location. I summoned Magmi (the campfire looking avatar) to attack him, but this never amounted to anything due to the invisibility.

The giant lizard accounted well for himself, knocking down first Cahir, then Biznard. Ultimately, however, he was doomed to die to superior numbers.

I tried to go after the shaman by opening a rift below his space, but to no avail. I directed Athosian to attack the empty space in front of Magmi (more on that later), and I sent the location to Shamil by telepathy.

The giant lizard died, but the invisible shaman also downed one dwarf. I put all my remaining mana into a detect invisibility spell, then gave up further actions to continuously channel my vision to Shamil. Thus he could attack the shaman without penalties. This would have ultimately prevailed, but time was cut short as the lizard breathed fire across his opponents. Cahir went down, Biznard was badly burned. The fire spell gave an approximate location well enough for Athosian to score two (2!) critical hits[3] and shoot through his brain! Thanks, sis!


[1] A fair approximation of "Öcsi"
[2] Reminding Cahir of what he lost.
[3] Remember, that's 1 in 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment