Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The year in review

2020 is finally behind us... time to review it.

I guess I don't have to reiterate the bad parts of 2020; let's stick to the good, as much as we can.

The COVID-lockdown pretty much killed wargaming; I had some matches played before it struck, and then 2 whole games after. 

RPGs, however, were quick to transition to the online medium. Dungeons & Dragons carried on without missing a beat, even with a slight pause from the side of our DM when I had to fill in with some random fun. MAGUS died, but came back for two surprise online reunions before Christmas. With a severe lack of gaming, I tried out something new: Wrath & Glory started and carried on online-only. All 3 are scheduled to restart this January, after the winter holidays.

And now, on to the crux of home-side hobbying: miniature painting! During the worst lockdown months, I barely touched my brushes, and I had the overall feeling that everything is going down the drain. However, lighter months came by, and the lack of gaming due to social distancing was filled in by more and more painting. Besides the two commission jobs that I did this year, here's everything I painted or re-painted this year for myself. Only Khorne on the Warhammer side, and a bunch of undead  for D&D, as well as some odd jobs. A couple are missing, still residing at the DM's house.




No comments:

Post a Comment