Thursday, May 28, 2020

New AoS bases for Blazing Firecats

I originally envisioned these models as functional Flesh Hounds, but they never made it to the tabletop. Now, with all these incentives I get to play Khorne, I decided on giving them new bases as well. Who knows, maybe I'll field an entire army of Flesh Hounds one day.

My first instinct was to do the same as for the Warhounds. However, these cats are mounted on rectangular 50x25mm bases, with two washers glued underneath. So the first implementation was two magnetized 25mm round bases, glued on an oval base.




This is how it looks like. Cumbersome. The model also moves around more than I like.


I then tried something else: gluing the magnets directly to the oval base.


Note that due to how the oval base rounds off, there is no way for the rectangular base not to hang above the lip. I guess the first attempt would be better for exact measuring, but it's just way too cumbersome. So I rather did the second version for the rest of the squad.

I guess I'll keep the raised guy around as a Gore Hound - that's one way to make sure it looks different.


On the bright side, there is no space for extra flocking, so that's at least some work that does not need doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment