Thursday, October 7, 2021

Painting classic vampire and vampiress

Introduction

This pair of classic looking vampires from Reaper. The dude is rocking an original Dracula feel, while the girl reminds me of the brides from this classic.

Painting

I primed them both by brush using Grey Seer.

First, the blacks. I basecoated them with Contrast, then followed up with shiny turquoise highlights for any leather and the guy's hair, and classic grey highlights for cloth and the girl's hair.




I wanted something very pale for the skin, approaching white. However, I did not want harsh shadows. I layered Ghost Grey on the Grey Seer, then highlighted Dead White. I painted the eyes.

The guy gets Wraithbone, then Skeleton Horde, then Off White teeth.

The girl gets Blood Angel Red lips instead of the more subdued Carroburg Crimson.

Then warm white cloth, to accentuate the cold white of the skin. Go for the lighter version, obviously.

Some more simple effects include Snakebite Leather for the guy's belt; Basilicanum Grey highlighted with Stonewall Grey for the gravestones; Skeleton Horde highlighted with Off White for the skull.

Base

Wyldwood on the painted part. Then glue them to their normal plastic base. Cover the surface with Stirland Mud. Drybrush both the mud and the elevation with Khaki.

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment