Thursday, October 14, 2021

Painting Frankenstein's monster and his bride

Introduction

These 2 are Reaper Bones, but I can't find them on the site. Like the other greater undead type figures, the guy is quite monstrous, while the girl is a 10/10 cheesecake.

Painting

I primed them both by brush using Grey Seer.

First, the blacks. I basecoated them with Contrast, then followed up with shiny turquoise highlights for the leather boots, and classic grey highlights for cloth and the girl's hair.

For the torn shirt and bandages, I went the mummy route by basecoating them Skeleton Horde, then drybrushing/highlighting Bonewhite, then Off White.

I added white streaks into the girl's hair using Grey Seeer, then Ghost Grey.

I wanted the guy to have black-ish hair, but different than the clothing. Basilicanum Grey, Stonewall Grey hilight, Basilicanum Grey, Stonewall Grey superhighlight just at the top.

Next, flesh. I did some research into how Frankenstein's monster is depicted, and his skin usually has a green tinge. I wanted him to look more human rather than just plain green, so I went for the medium skintone but with Athonian Camoshade instead of Reikland Fleshshade.

For the girl, I initially wanted to just do light skintone with Athonian Camoshade instead of Reikland Fleshshade. Then I realized that would still be too sexy, so instead I introduced some separation along the sewing lines. I basecoated the body with Pale Flesh instead.

I usually avoid harsh shadows on female skintones, so I diluted Athonian Camoshade with Lahmian Medium.

Regular highlights for the light skin on the limbs. Highlight the body with Pale Flesh, then mix 1:1 with Off White.

Finally, I painted the eyes, the chain and the collar, and the guy's boots.

For the stitches, I went with grey instead of brown or cream to distinguish them from the other details. First, I did them Basilicanum Grey, then highlighted Stonewall Grey. Not enough separation, though - but another application of Basilicanum Grey proved just enough.

Also lips.

Base

Wyldwood on the painted part. Then glue them to their normal plastic base. Cover the surface with Stirland Mud. Drybrush both the mud and the elevation with Khaki.

Finished!







No comments:

Post a Comment