Thursday, October 28, 2021

Painting a modern trooper

Introduction

Remember this one? Well, due to the Corona shutdown, I still could not hand it over. But perhaps two birds with one stone - I have another friend in the military, and I intend on giving him this modern trooper as a gift.

Preparation

This guy is metal, so I pinned both his arms.

Painting

Prime Wraithbone.

Start with the camouflage pattern. I looked at pics of real uniforms for inspiration. 

Start with a basecoat of Nazdreg Yellow.

Using a cheap brush, stab/dab on Ork Flesh and Militarum Green.

Same with diluted Cygor Brown.

Try to keep the patches uniform.

Wash Agrax Earthshade.

Drybrush Khaki.

At this point I did some Contrast basecoats to see where I'm at, see above.

Dark metal rifle, light skintone, black leather straps, warm white shirt, blond hair, eyes with some variations:

  • I realized that the progression for black is too stark like this. Soon to be updated.
  • I basecoated the hair with Nazdreg Yellow, then Agrax Earthshade.
  • Undiluted Cygor Brown, highlight Beasty Brown on the boots.
  • Militarum Green on the scarf-thingy. 
  • Dead Flesh then Militarum Green on the flask.
  • Dead Flesh on the wires.

Finally, I did a second batch of camo painting on the satchels, but I basecoated them Khaki instead, for a different tone.



Basing

Woodland base.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment