Thursday, March 10, 2022

Legion of the First Prince vs Sylvaneth, 06.03.2022

Introduction

The final game of the tournament had me facing the beautifully painted Sylvaneth in The Veins of Ghur.


Alarielle had broken off her beetle, but I insisted she be placed on the table. We put her on this impassable copse of trees to spectate the battlefield.

I love this vibrant unusual color scheme.


Battle round 1

The Sylvaneth took first turn, running towards my lines and peppering my units from afar.

I advanced as well, calling Broken ranks on the Revenants ranging far ahead. Their lucky redeploy of 6" almost saved them, as the last survivor of my shooting was too far to be charged. Fortunately, the Sylvaneth ran out of command points and he ran away.

Otherwise I was quite conservative with my monsters, not wishing to engage Alarielle.

I summoned Bloodletters for screening (who failed their rerollable charge) and had the right side Daemonettes tie down the Kurnoth Hunters.

Battle round 2

Double turn baby!

Be'lakor and the troops had ample opportunity to disappoint me by failing to kill the squad of Kurnoth Hunters.

The hero Daemonettes on the other hand kept grinding down the bow Hunters.

Meanwhile everyone kept their respectful distance from Alarielle. The Bloodthirster did Monstrous takeover on the freshly landed center objective, with a squad of Plaguebearers blocking.

The Sylvaneth counter attacked. The Spellportal turned out to be their greatest weapon.

Dryads charged in, but they were just in range to be vomited on by the Great Unclean One, to great effect.

Alarielle charged in, but the hero Plaguebearers held on. The Daemonettes died, but they did their job.

Battle round 3

I won priority again, taking the turn. I pulled back from Alarielle, cleared out the Dryads using shooting, and had the Bloodletters move out on the Sylvaneth objective. At this point I was holding all 3 and had the Sylvaneth blocked in their zone. We played out the turn, at which point the game ended due to time constraints.

Victory for Chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment