Thursday, March 31, 2022

Painting an Astra Militarum Leman Russ

Introduction

I magnetized and electrified this Leman Russ - time to paint it. I did this in parallel with the Chimera so go see that for any extra details.

Painting

Paint the black hull as scratched black metal. Paint the metal components (guns, tracks, exhaust pipes) as dark metal.


Weather the vehicle using mud effects.

Do muzzle flash on the gatling turret, as well as the melta barrels.

Paint the blue plasma coils. I did a simple effect on the cables with a basecoat of Heavy Red and highlights of heavily diluted Orange Fire.

I tried for something similar on the melta cables. Basecoat Heavy Red, then wash Fuegan Orange. The wash is not visible.

Try again with Gryph Hound Orange. Almost invisible, so I went in with an extra small drybrush to put Orange Fire on the ribbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment