Monday, June 27, 2016

Tournament review and further thoughts

This isn't even an attempt at a coherent text. Here goes.

  • I had my second tournament now. It went a lot better than the first. I was 3rd; last time I was second before last.
  • Last time I promised not to go to tournaments until Chaos Daemons get a new codex. We've got Curse of the Wulfen since, so here's hoping we'll get something new before the next tournament?!
  • Last time I actually felt that I have no chance. This time, I felt that I do. Although there were no hardcore tourney lists here; no Necron Decurion, Eldar jetbike spam, Space Marine superfriends etc.
  • I think I've had my fill of 40k for a while. 
  • I haven't painted anything in a long while, even though I promised to in my last rant. A combination of playing 40k and being a DM for a DnD group leaves no time for other aspects of my hobbies. It's time to change that.
  • I have models to put on the table, but they are almost always proxies. It's time to change that.
  • Short term goal: finish painting the half-painted stuff in my army.
  • Long term goal: assemble and paint the stuff lying around in boxes. That should be enough for a Tallyband and a Rotswarm.
  • To wrap up, here's a picture of a potato the miniatures I currently own with the painted ones up front:


No comments:

Post a Comment