Thursday, January 9, 2020

Painting a dark elf wizard

Introduction


As our current Storm King's Thunder campaign is drawing to a close after a year and 9 months, it is time for me to surrender the mantle of DM. I am excited to play again - well, that's an understatement. I will resume my role as Zyn, the Dark Elf wizard... and I will celebrate by painting a badass miniature! My specialization will still be necromancer, of course... but I plan on adding some more summoning, as the mini itself suggests.



Painting


Prime white.

Red cloak.

Dark brown boots and sheaths. A combination of medium and light browns for the leather straps.


Blue/green metal for the armor plates. Traditional silver for the buckles, bolts, crossguard, chains etc.


Simplified black skin, with red eyes instead of black. White hair and warm white shirt and tabard.


Magical green blade.


Summoned fire demon.


Post processing


Spray varnish.

Waystone Green technical on the potion bottle.

Lava base. At this point apply gloss varnish to all the areas that need it: the fire demon, the sword, all the metals.


When applying the crackle paint, apply some on the boots and the lower ends of the cloak and tabard.

Finished!







No comments:

Post a Comment