Friday, January 3, 2020

Start of the year rant: January, the month of D&D and commission work

And so the new year has started, and I am once again planning the roadmap for my hobbying. Yes, when the time to allocate is limited, you have to make the most of every hour.

There isn't much to plan on the gaming side. I will keep up D&D to the best of my ability. I will try my best to play MAGUS. I will fill out the remaining slots during the weekdays with Warhammer 40k and Age of Sigmar.

But then there is miniature painting. While this year saw a small improvement in quantity over the last, I am still not entirely happy. Stubs of armies lie in cardboard boxes, awaiting assembly, painting and the tabletop. There is also the occasional odd job to do. Like last year, when I spent a large chunk of time creating minis for my MAGUS character. It did not help that my greatest work was a commission work, either.

And so, my proposed solution is to partition at-home hobbying by month. I am not sure that I will be able to keep up; but it's a proposal as good as any.

With that, I open January, the month of D&D and commission work. I will mostly paint up some stuff for D&D, and I will hammer through the miniatures my MAGUS-GM threw at me last month (the first of which was the bone dragon). There are a couple of leftover, unpublished posts from December's work - I will start with those, while I get new stuff done.

If all goes as planned, February will see me whipping up something for Warhammer. Whether it's 40k or Sigmar, something new or something old - we'll get there when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment