Monday, July 15, 2024

Free Folk vs Lannisters, 06.07.2024

For my third and final game, I played against my eternal nemeses, the Lannisters. In fact, the scenario was identical to our training game, except the cavalry got switched out to knights.


I lost the game on deployment, almost. My Lannister opponent usually turtles up in a corner, but now he went all middle instead. My brain was far too cooked at this point, and I tried playing him the usual way.

I messed up the left flank, counting on the stakes to protect my advancing Raiders. However, the Mountain's Men could turn enough to bypass the stakes, snapping neatly into my front. My Final Strike was Counterplot'ed. And then the knights finished the squad off.

I also involuntarily messed up the right flank. My Trappers were untouched during previous games, but with the Lannister morale shenanigans, they died without meeting the enemy. And my Raiders were far too behind to reach the objective in the same turn.

I tried going full tilt into the Crossbowmen to clear the middle, but floundered; and the Spearwives couldn't match the Halberdiers either, alone.

Regroup and reform! Switching Jarl into the Raiders to babysit the objective, while Borroq and his boar helped out the Spearwives. The hero boar survived a set to defend order.

I lost the middle quickly, as the Mountain's Men did 11 wounds to my Thenns, then again Counterplot'ed my Final Strike. I counterattacked with the Spearwives, but the Halberdiers held out. Perhaps if they died sooner, I could have done more. But Tywin survived even alone a full round of attacks. He died to Dalla's effect in the end, with the boar taking out Bronn.

The game ended there, a couple minutes over time but with a final score of 11-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment