Monday, July 29, 2024

Starks vs Lannisters, 05.06.2024

After my foray into a Tully cavalry list during our local tournament, I thought of further exploring this option. I disliked the small number of units so I included Grey Wind. For lists and score here's the link, but spoiler: it did not go well. Across from me is a standard Lannister/Clegane list with both Clegane brothers and Bronn with the crossbowmen.


The first two rounds was me setting up for an encirclement on the right, while shutting down the Lannister cavalry with my Sworn Shields. Unfortunately, while my morale checks were on point, I could not make a 2+ charge, nor kill anything. The Lannister Crossbowmen faired a lot better in this regard.


The Lannisters applied debuffs left and right, so even when I pounced on a weakened unit with my cavalry, I barely did a dent and died right away.

We danced a bit more around the right flank, but I eventually conceded.

Note that we haven't seen Grey Wind on the table, as I put him in reserves with Robb and the Lannisters shut him down with an objective. We only realized the day after that 1) the new Robb card allows you to not use the reserves and 2) the objective cards were updated and no longer include shutting off enemy NCUs.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment