Monday, September 6, 2021

Dungeon of the Mad Mage: Battling dark elves

After some delays due to the internet being down (in this day and age? preposterous), we finally began the session by sending in an invisible own to the next cavern. It detected 3 dark elves behind a large rock. Unsure of how to catch them all, I disguised myself into T'rissa and marched in. Fortunately, all 3 were bunched up, and Selene loosed a fireball. We killed them all before I could take any picture, but one of them managed to whistle a call, and soon we had even more dark elves on us.

The red woman is me, disguised. I kept up the charade, for the first guy only yelled "T'rissa, I knew that you were good for nothing!". Later they saw through the illusion, so I dropped it.


I counterspelled a lightning bolt and sent in the skeletons to hold up the fighters. 

My faerie fire illuminated the two casters, and Tari proceeded to machine gun down the mage.

Selene and Szivem launched fireball after fireball, clearing out the fighters. A rogue modron appeared, but did nothing.

The last fighter also whistled and we heard footsteps approaching. I rushed towards the noise, sending in a barlgura just for fun. It encountered a pack of quaggoths, which Szivem nuked with a fireball.

Selene stayed back to loot the bodies, forgetting about the surviving cleric who peaked out and summoned spiders on her location.

As soon as the beasts were down, I rushed towards the sound of the fireball to heal up the fallen sorceress. Szivem decided to stay back and loot this time, but found nothing. The barlgura is enthusiastically chasing the cleric...

Selene slung a shatter after the duo, managing to kill the demon. Intent on catching the fugitive, I flew after her on my broom, only to run into an ambush set by two dark elf fighters in the next cavern. I escaped back to my companions, and we resolved to murder the remaining foes - next session!

No comments:

Post a Comment