Thursday, September 2, 2021

Painting Nuns with Laserguns (black habit)

Introduction

The nuns are from a Kickstarter campaign I backed ages ago, back when I had dreams of running multiple 40k armies. They're still hilarious and could work well as a small Astra Militarum detachment, or perhaps inquisitorial acolytes to go with Eisenhorn. For the common soldiers, I'll go with the most recognizable color scheme, the traditional black habit.

Painting

Prime Grey Seer. I was going for the Contrast black scheme, and decided to make the lasgun casings dark metal. So basecoat the guns Gunmetal, and then apply the Contrast paints at the same time.


Highlight the black. I did the white parts with Apothecary White on Grey Seer, then highlight Dead White.

Paint the face and hands various skintones (light skintone, medium skintone, dark skintone). I simulated stockings on the legs by painting Basilicanum Grey over Heavy Skintone. Paint the lips but skip the eyes, as they are too small. On the first batch, I painted the eyes Snakebite Leather, but it looks a bit off - too dark. Agrax Earthshade works a lot better.




Highlight the dark metal, as well as the regular silver on the barrel. Then Snakebite Leather on some elements to break it up.

Basing

Finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment