Monday, September 13, 2021

Dungeon of the Mad Mage: Ireth joins the party

 Our long lost party member Ireth has come to visit us in person! In her honor, we quickly organised an out-of-schedule game session. We obviously started late, but in the end we did manage to kill a few enemies and loot some stuff. Here's us, carefully advancing into the cavern where I was ambushed at the end of the previous session.

We were surrounded, and combat quickly started.

Selene surrounded herself with mirror images, as we observed that one of the dark elves has a toad on his shoulder - the same one the mage we rescued had.

My last high level spell slot summoned a Barlgura, but the enemies bypassed it. I hate it when they do that.

As combat ensued on all sides, Tari went to hunt down the priestess, while me and my demon held up the attackers in the back.

I gave up on the demon and cast Invisibility to last a little longer, but I was still knocked out. The dark elves advanced on the girls...

... but nothing a couple of well placed close-range Fireballs can't solve! 

Selene tried stabilizing me, but failed even with a luck point. Solid healed me up, Tari dispatched the priestess, and the demon was put down as well.

We got some well deserved loot, and we'll take our well deserved rest next time. In the meantime, here's a selection of my favorite quotes from the evening:

DM: So you're casting Fireball?
Selene: I'm not casting Fireball on a single target! (referring to the priestess)
DM: There's also Tari next to her...

Toad: Go and stab them in the back. Look at these morons, they're all standing with their backs to you...

And the last one doesn't translate to English well:

Selene: Fac Fireball pe mine.
Szivem: CUM SA FACI PE TINE???

No comments:

Post a Comment