Monday, June 13, 2022

Dungeon of the Mad Mage: Tying up side quests

The session took off sluggishly, so I took the opportunity to complete some side quests while the other players chatted away.

First of all, I went to sell my loot. Unfortunately, Obama disappeared[1] so I left the two spellbooks which I finished studying at the mage's tower for evaluation. Sigh.

I visited Volo to see if the throne we found merited any reward yet. We got a fancy but non magical longbow from the elves along with some silver arrows.[2]

Next up, we delivered the Dagger of Blindsight to Azok, again reaping our rewards.

Finally, we decided to spend the night at Azok's. However, I still had one last dastardly plan. I made Tari invisible, and she stole Azok's ring. This went badly, as the now well equipped Azok easily detected her, sounded the alarm, and even recognized her despite the invisibility. We quickly mounted out brooms and flew out. We took lots of arrows to the face, but made it out in one piece. Back in Waterdeep, Esvele Rosznar was devastated to know of her brother's fate, but her noble house was now firmly in our debt.

All that solved, we spent the night at the Rosznar estate, then headed back to the dungeon.

We chased a swooshing cape but found noone. We did find two umber hulks, which we killed.[3]

[1] We were making too much money, apparently.
[2] Why no money though.
[3] Tari is still the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment