Thursday, January 4, 2024

Painting commission slapchop elves

Part of the Reaper Bones 5 kickstarter, these elves will probably be just extras in any D&D game they see the table in. Thus, I applied the slapchop method.

Painting 

Slapchop base.

I did experiments with the green cloaks. Left to right: Militarum Green, Gutrippa Flesh, pure Ork Flesh, 1:1 diluted Ork Flesh. Surprisingly, the normally rich and saturated Ork Flesh looks unnatural, while Militarum Green looks best. I did the other 3 with that.

Diluted Wyldwood bows, pure Wyldwood arrows, Soulblight Grey fletching (apply generously), Snakebite Leather quivers, Basilicanum Grey metallics.

I tried Gore Grunta Fur on the boots, but it looks too orangey and funny; Cygor Brown is too dark and looses details; however, 1:1 diluted Cygor Brown is best.

One thing that slapchop just can't do right is skintones. I did medium skintone instead.

Basing

Woodland base. 

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment