Monday, January 8, 2024

Painting Saruman the White

The first in a line of Lord of the Rings minis bought cheaply off eBay. Some, such as this one, I tried to paint as close to the movies as possible.

Painting

Prime... you guessed it... white. OK, I actually did a zenithal using black and white spray cans.

I always thought he's wearing stark white, but it's actually a light cream color. A did a mix of Seraphim Sepia and Soulblight Grey for the robes.

Pure Soulblight Grey on the hair and beard, and a touch of diluted Basilicanum Grey in the middle of the beard. Then highlight hair, beard and robes using Dead White.

Finish him off with Medium skintone and Black staff. 

Paint the staff bulb Dead White. This bothered me as it's just such a flat white in the movie, however in some scenes the bulb has blue lines on it. I did that using Talassar Blue.

Basing

Woodland base. 

Finished!







No comments:

Post a Comment