Thursday, October 1, 2026

September review and October goals

Summer and holidays are definitely gone now, hello school year and glorious autumn! 

Just kidding, I hate the changing weather and flu.

Anyway, with the holiday season gone, schedules are somewhat on track. I had some more leg-related issues, but those should be done for the time.

We did not manage to restart the Dungeon of the Mad Mage due to... as I said, I hate the flu. At least we sneaked in some Descent into Avernus, with the bodies of fiends piling high everywhere we go. D&D5.5 is a great extension of the game. Triss is having a blast.

ASOIAF is based, with a small local tournament serving as training with the new patch. I also dipped into Chaos Daemons, and got my ass kicked, although I can see the potential. My excitement for 11th edition is waning, and we just got another massive changeset... we'll see.

At least the hobbying went well. My backlog of Imperial Guard infantry is almost finished, and I also went through some vehicles. Fantasy miniatures help shore up the numbers: several dragons, which I've been eyeing since the start of the year, are done. For the first time this year, I was ahead of schedule, even if by a measly 2... I'm behind again by 7, but a new batch of minis is soon done. This includes low effort Warhammer marines, ASOIAF commissions and some Free Folk for yours truly. All this should eat into the 98 minis scheduled to be painted until the end of the year.

As for the next batch, I will continue in the same vein. I have just two more units of Free Folk to paint up, one being already converted. I have a large amount of Warhammer minis converted and primed, ready for some paint. And of course, fantasy minis, mostly of the Reaper kind, also sit in boxes. I have no plans set in stone. I just want to get this through!

No comments:

Post a Comment