Thursday, October 1, 2026

Painting Free Folk Heroes 1... and some attachments

After my essay on Slapchop 2.0 and its vigorous testing and finally codifying... all that's left is to apply it. 

Original state

I forgot to take a picture with the original state. I got these minis second hand; some with a zenithal like this, others unpainted. Only Harma was damaged, with the lower half of the axe handle missing.

This also explains the random attachments sprinkled into the Heroes 1 collection.

Conversions

Cut off the axe and replace it with a mighty halberd from the bits box. Probably something Warhammer?

Painting

Ice base. Prime white after the terrain paste is applied - go over the zenithal, whatever.

As above, all the gear on them is Slapchop 2.0. Almost all of them are wearing fur cloaks, so I added some experiments to the list with Harma and the Champion of Bone.

Finally paint some details:

I also wanted to force Ygritte's hair to be redder, so I added a layer of Bloodletter.

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment