Monday, February 24, 2020

Daemons of Khorne vs Imperial Fists, 2020.02.19

Introduction

Continuing with the local Escalation League, this time I introduce my campaign buddy to matched play.

Game 1

I used the same Khorne list, to go up against 500 points of Imperial Fists in Phobos armor. And 3 Suppressors. Yes, Shadowspear.

Turn 1


I ran up the board and hid as well as I could.



The Fists shot their bolters and autocannons, killing all the Furies and some Hounds.


Turn 2


The Bloodletters landed outside of 12" from the Infiltrators, negating my bomb. However, the Flesh Hounds ate the overwatch and the Skullmaster got stuck in. I expected him to kill a few marines, but he deleted half the squad on his own. Bravo.


Obviously, he got obliterated in turn. Primaris are strong in combat, even though they aren't meant for it.


Turn 3


Time to set the bomb!


Bloodletters did what Bloodletters do best: charge in and kill elite infantry. The riposte decimated them and they fled due to morale, but the Fists were fighting a losing battle. We packed up and set up for a second game.


Game 2


Same challenge: can you face a Bloodthirster?


I advanced everything, giving the Fists something to think about. They responded in force, shooting everything at the Bloodthirster, then charging it with both characters and the Infiltrators. They inflicted some wounds, almost taking down the monster to its first bracket. Unfortunately, the retaliation was swift and deadly. Turn 2, the Bloodletters landed in the back, now unimpeded by the Infiltrators, and charged into the Supressors. The game was over.


Aftermath


The first game was fun. I've never played or faced Phobos marines before, and they do present unique challenges. They synergise well. Now that we know what they do, it could have been a much closer game with some better tactical choices.

The Bloodthirster did exactly what I expected it to do: wreck face. I'll try him out again in the next phase of the League. I'm curious at which points level will enough heavy weapons appear to make him obsolete.

No comments:

Post a Comment