Thursday, February 20, 2020

Painting a firestorm elemental

Introduction


The second elemental slave to be painted.


Initial painting


Done while visiting my friend.

Inspired by the fire with washes. Start with a white undercoat.


Basecoat Moon Yellow. (I don't have this color myself. A bit colder than my Sun Yellow.)


Second part


Finish as per the painting tip.


Paint the eyes and mouth with Dead White, then wash Hexwraith Flame. Ghastly!


Basing


I thought of doing the lava base, but I rushed through it. 


Observations.
The criss-crossing lines are too small and barely visible.
I did not apply the gloss varnish, so the colors are mute beneath the Mordant Earth. Maybe this would have helped with the one above (and also the one below).
Furthermore, the paint ripped off the home-made putty I applied to fill in the base slot.


I fixed the last one by painting the white area with Gore Red.

Finishing


Spray Munitorum Varnish. Cover the fire in gloss varnish. I also tried to fill between the cracks.

Finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment