Thursday, November 11, 2021

Painting a goblin commander and shaman

Introduction

The goblin command group from Reaper, intended to command (hehe) a large group of goblins in the near (maybe not so near) future.

Painting

I primed them by brush using Grey Seer, which I freshly acquired at the time.

I painted their skin Ork Flesh, intent on highlighting it, then forgot about them for a couple of days. (Weeks?)

I got back into the game by trying out a pre-highlighted black (is that even an expression?). Paint the fur coat of the commander in Terradon Turqoise, then Black Templar.

Next up: rusty metal

Lay on the Contrast basecoats: Flesh Tearers Red on the cloak and symbol; another layers in the folds of the cloak. Basilicanum Grey stones. Black Templar spider. Militarum Green moss. Aethermatic Blue feather. Cygor Brown, Gore Grunta Fur, Snakebite Leather leathers. Two coats of Skeleton Horde on the fur. Skeleton Horde on the claws and the sword handle.


Highlights!

My phone started acting up here, so no in-progress pics.

Highlight the red with Bloody Red; the grey stones Stonewall Grey; the spider Cold Grey; drybrush the moss Dead Flesh; the feather Wraithbone. Do the regular leathers as here and here. Drybrush the fur Bonewhite. Highlight the claws Wraithbone. Also filthy cloth. I tried highlighting the skin with Sick Green, but it's more or less the same shade, so I diluted Escorpena Green for some vibrant highlights. Eyes on the commander, but with red pupils instead of black.

Finally, glue them on their plastic bases. I was out of ideas what to do with their cobblestone half base, so I covered the surface with Stirland Mud.

Glue on a grass tuft to mask the simplicity.

Finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment