Monday, July 20, 2026

Game 1: Free Folk vs Baratheon

Game 1 against the Baratheons: Fire and Blood. Ironically same as last time, although against a different player. Just one unit of Thorn Watch, which I did not mark because I have heard of them.

I kept Varamyr back and formed up my phalanx.

During round 2, I couldn't resist the bait and sent in Mag. I avoided  the sentinels...

But the Thorn Watch did me in. At least the Stag Knights also went down. So we were out of commanders.

I maneuvered in a Savage Giant, getting the Sentinels in the back. I was successful in avoiding both the overwatch and sentinel orders.

Retreat, heal the giant, shoot the giant...

...while the Riders of Highgarden closed in on my back ranks.

Varamyr rolled very poorly and died to Varys/crown panic checks.

Round 3 was more meaneuvering, with the Riders taking out the Spear Thrower Giant but Wun-Wun cleaning up the Sentinels.

Unfortunately the point exchanges were not in my favor, and the game ended 8-6 for the Baratheons.

No comments:

Post a Comment