A tournament prize from back in 2025. I didn't really want to paint these guys, but I had an idea for an experiment and I dove in.
Conversions
Lay out the materials to work with.
I cut off the spearheads and drilled out the hafts. Also drill out the polearm bit, as there is no way this would properly hold with only glue.
Leave one model intact for each pose. Replace the rest.
Finally, do green stuff capes, see the Raiders.
Painting
The majority of the work on these guys is documented here and then formalized here but I also experimented with the capes, see here and this entire method.
Finally paint some details:
I wanted something different for the half frozen feet. So I experimented with basecoats of Tan and Heavy Basecoat, and washes of Reikland Fleshshade and Carroburg Crimson.
I settled on: Tan basecoat, Carroburg Crimson, Heavy Skintone highlights.
Basing
Prime white. Paint Ice base. Paint Small arctic animals, Dark wood and Bone.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment