Thursday, August 13, 2026

Painting Free Folk Heroes 3 proxies

I have already converted and painted a Lady Dalla, see here. I decided to get 3d printed proxies for the rest of the minis in the Heroes 3 box.

Borroq

First, the boar. Based on this, but we're starting from a clean white undercoat.

Paint Garaghak's Sewer.

Then a coat of diluted Basilicanum Grey.

Double drybrush Khaki, then Bonewhite across the spine.

Overall wash of Dark Umber to darken it down.

Paint the details as 

On Borroq, experiment with an orange leather tone and basecoat his jacket Gore Grunta Fur.

Other details:

Along with the skin, coat the jacket Reikland Fleshshade.

Highlight the jacket Deathclaw Brown, then Elf Skintone. I am not impressed. The brown is tough to mix and I like my previous Orange leather better.

Complete the mini by highlighting his Garaghak's Sewer pants with Beasty Brown and Leather Brown, then use Ultramarine Blue for face markings.

Abel the bard

The character is already incredibly annoying, so let's paint him accordingly in yellow and purple.

Highlight the two-coloured stripes with white on the Imperial Fist and Slaanesh Grey (Paint mix chart) on the Luxion Purple.

Experiment with the dark purple. Basecoat Shyish Purple. 

Tried a layer of Royal Purple but it was actually too bluish. Layered Hexed Lichen instead.

Edge Daemonette Hide (Paint mix chart).

Spot highlight Slaanesh Grey (Paint mix chart).


Jon Snow

Unlike the ones above which were ready made, this one is based on a multi part builder for medieval mercenaries. Then, I added a green stuff cloak.


Then a second fur coat over that.


Paint him with Slapchop2.0 and grey cloak


The Great Walrus

Probably the most boring of the lot, I couldn't find a suitable proxy so I had an approximate model printed. Paint him with Slapchop2.0. 

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment