Thursday, March 28, 2024

Assembling a magnetized Plagueburst Crawler with LEDs

I somehow got a hold of a second Plagueburst Crawler. I already magnetized one - I did the same steps here, not detailed again. However, I did decide to do LEDs this time. Just because.

First of all, the Plagueburst Crawler, unlike the Imperial tanks, has a double flooring for the mrotar to sit on. This requires extra planning. I used a white sharpie to marks the places to be cut out.

Dry fit 10 times at every step, but here's the switch locked in and the hole for the battery.

Glue on the front plate. I looked long and hard where to place the LEDs... I decided on the dozer blade. Here's the exit hole for the cables.

I marked several possible places for the LEDs, but due to the placement of the plastic components, I finally decided to replace the skulls with the lights.

Prepare the circuit, and drill the holes for the cables through the interior components.

Prepare the circuit with LEDs. Multiple dry fit runs, solder it step by step, tape and glue after each step.

Assemble the body.

I forgot to take a WIP pic. Glue the LEDs into the dozer blade (using resin), solder them on to the hanging cables, and finally glue on the dozer blade.


No comments:

Post a Comment