Thursday, March 21, 2024

Painting Wildling heroes

Yes this includes Osha. Yes I am aware of her allegiance to House Stark. She is still a wildling, if not a part of the Free Folk. Notice her distinct base. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Semi original state

I already started working on them when I remembered to take a picture.

Common parts

The browns are all over the place, but I did find some common components.

Start with the Brown fur cloak. Actually, shade every brown surface in Agrax Earthshade at this step. Then highlight, just as for the Stark heroes

Do the light green areas by resaturating them using Militarum Green. Highlight Dead Flesh.

Repaint all the flesh as medium skintone. Eyes too small to be painted but Female face works.

Silver metallic on weapons. Bronze bracers and helm.

Dark wood spear and arrows, also Craster's base so he doesn't sit on his chair out on the ice.

Ice base.

Osha

Black hair. And some unique crosshatching to bring interest to her all-one-color leather clothes.


Lady Val

Her dress was already kind of pink, although I did not like the shade or the coverage, so I went all in on the pink side. Maybe a little too pink? I later corrected with a layer of Bloodletter, swaying it towards the red spectrum.

Blond hairwood carving, bone ornaments.


Mance Rayder

White wings.

Craster

Black hair.

Ygritte

Red hairwhite fletching, Warm white wrappings.


Thormund

Warm white hilt wrapping. Diluted Gore Grunta Fur on the hair for a ginger effect.


Finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment