Thursday, March 28, 2024

Painting a second Plagueburst Crawler

Time to paint the second crawler. By the time I finished the LED work, I was kind of already over this miniature, so I decided to follow my previous Contrast-and-drybrush-based color scheme.

Painting

The only difference is that instead of Militarum Green + Ork Flesh, I only did one haphazard layer of Creed Camo. Looks better, I think.

Then, same blast cloud but no drip.

I did modify the blast cloud by making it one step. First, I painted the base of the cloud with diluted Basilicanum Grey, to "glue" it to the barrel. Then after it dried, I haphazardly applied Plaguebearer Flesh.

I then painted all the remaining areas diluted Soulblight Grey. The cotton retracted in some spots after the Plaguebearer Flesh dried, but I just made it work as best as I could, in the spirit of the whole low budget affair.

Finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment